Sports Injury and Sports/exercise Medicine service
This service is designed to assess and treat a broad range of acute or chronic injuries. This includes overuse, sports/exercise and musculoskeletal injuries as well as various conditions across all age ranges.
Research shows that 90% of persistent aches and pains do not require surgery. Your practitioner will focus on getting you more active and enabling you to return to the activities you are passionate about.
Often people have more than one problem, such as hip and back pain. Our Sports medical services will treat the entire patient with an aim for functional restoration.
Examples of conditions include:
- Chronic back and neck pain that has failed routine treatment
- Shoulder conditions e.g. impingement syndrome, adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Physical activity and sports related pain/injuries e.g. tendinopathies, persistent ligament/tendon strains, joint instability
- Degenerative large and small joint disease
- Foot, heel and ankle pain e.g. plantar fasciitis, meta-tarsalgia
- Hamstring injuries
- Acute back injuries
- Pregnancy related exercise advice and postpartum return to exercise
We provide a diagnosis and rehabilitation clinic which includes:
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal assessment
- Biomechanical examination with video motion analysis if required
- Guidance through rehabilitation in the gym and home programmes
- Guidance through all stages leading up to and in-competition phases
- Maintenance programmes and continual support to stay injury free, with month to month check-ups
- Manual therapy
- Manipulation techniques
- Acupuncture / dry needling (AACP registration and fully licenced clinic)
- Taping including pre and post competition taping
- Pregnancy related rehabilitation and massage