PHP offers a complete Physiotherapy service
Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It can also help to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future.
Human movement is central and key to the health and well-being of individuals so we aim to identify problem areas and maximise movement and function.
Physiotherapy is a science based profession. It requires a Bachelor of Science Degree. All our Physiotherapists are fully qualified, HPC (Health Care and Professions Council) and CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) registered.
We have a team of world class experienced Physiotherapists who have worked across a number of disciplines. We all value the importance of taking a holistic, hands on approach, using up to date techniques to provide the highest standard of clinical practice.
Physiotherapy can help for a variety of injuries:
- Spinal problems in all areas, including neck
- All joint issues
- General aches and pains
- Sports injuries
- Pre/Post Natal care
- Post surgical Rehabilitation
- Care of the Elderly
- Work and Posture related issues
- Community Based Physiotherapy (Home visits available if required)
Children grow and develop at different rates. What is suitable for a 6 month old is very different to the needs of a 6 year old & far removed from that of a 16 year old!
Many factors affect neuro-development and skeletal maturation in the growing child. Any physical presentation that impacts on your child’s physical health and/or movement, that gives you cause for concern can be assessed.
Each child is unique; therapy sessions will always be adapted dependent on the age and abilities of the child, taking into account physical impairments, cognitive abilities, congenital difficulties, sensory disorders and other unknown entities.
A number of different assessment and treatment techniques are used dependant on the problem presented. Your Physiotherapist will explain to you the treatments that they are using and why, as they are carried out.
Following an assessment and identification of your child’s needs, PHP will provide you with a bespoke exercise programme with activities that can easily be replicated at home. Treatment consultations, modification and hands on work will be carried out through follow-up appointments for ongoing treatment as needed.
We like to work closely with you as a family and will be able to advise if it is suitable to see a Physiotherapist or if help from another professional is required.
Aims of Paediatric Physiotherapy :
- Reduce pain/discomfort
- Improve function & independence
- Increase strength & stability
- Assist in better postural alignment & movement patterns
- Learn strategies to cope with abnormal movement patterns
- Prevent any secondary complications often associated with growth
- Educate to increase understanding of the presenting problems
Examples of conditions treated:
- Neuro-developmental/motor delay including work with pre-term infants
- Neurological conditions ie: Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida
- Developmental Co-ordination disorder & Balance difficulties, including Dyspraxia
- Hypermobility/lax ligaments
- Undiagnosed genetic/congenital conditions
- Orthopaedic postural impairment ie: complications post fracture
- Musculoskeletal /pain problems in the developing child