A body conditioning technique to improve balance and boost energy
Pilates is a body conditioning technique which combines a series of stretching and strengthening exercises to build the body’s core strength. It is used by physiotherapists as a powerful rehabilitation tool for the treatment of muscular and joint problems.
The Pilates technique involves a sequence of movements in a flowing and controlled way which co-ordinates mind, body and breathing. Pilates is about quality of movement and correcting movement patterns and postures. It improves balance and co-ordination as well as boosting energy levels.
Pilates can help to improve the following conditions:
- Back and neck problems including pain management & dysfunction
- Sport injuries & rehabilitation
- Recovery from joint surgery e.g. knee and hip replacements
- Postural imbalances and posture correction
- Keeping mobile and improving balance in the older population
- Pre and post natal health and rehabilitation
- Neurological disease
- Rehabilitation post surgery