A body conditioning technique to improve balance and boost energy
Pilates is a body conditioning technique which uses a series of stretching and strengthening exercises to build the body’s core strength. It is used as a powerful rehabilitation tool used by physiotherapists to treat muscular and joint problems.
The Pilates technique involves out a sequence of movements in a flowing and controlled way which co-ordinates mind, body and breathing. Pilates is about quality of movement, and re-learning correct movement patterns and postures. It improves balance and co-ordination as well as boosting energy levels.
- Pilates can help to improve the following conditions:
- Back and neck problems including pain management & dysfunction
- Sport injuries & rehabilitation
- Recovery from joint surgery e.g. knee and hip replacements
- Postural imbalances and posture correction
- Keeping mobile and improving balance in the older population
- Pre and post natal health and rehabilitation
- Neurological disease
- Rehabilitation post surgery