Understanding your problem is the first step to fixing it
Clinical psychologists deal with a wide range of mental and physical health problems including addiction, anxiety, depression, learning difficulties and relationship issues.
Everyone can go through some difficult times in life, which in turn can trigger past traumas. It is at these times that life can become a real struggle and we can feel very alone. We might feel we need support in seeking an understanding of the conflicts and dilemmas we experience.
Insight into our difficulties is an important first step and clinical psychologists are trained to help people make changes they feel they need to make to become unstuck from problems and to create opportunities for self development.
Treatment areas include:
- Mood disorders (anxiety and/or depression)
- Obsessional Compulsive Disorder
- Overwhelming stress, self-esteem and perfectionism
- Health anxiety and chronic health conditions
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Childhood trauma
- Emotional dysregulation